Arizona Quilts Long Armer’s Blog
Is My Backing Really That Important???
YES IT IS!!
The quilt backing is just as important as the quilt top. You have invested many hours of time creating such a beautiful treasure, don't short change the importance of your backing!
- Make sure the backing is squared up (even sides & top).
- Use horizontal seams when possible (we recommend 1/2" seams).
- Remove selvages. Leaving a selvage on can create puckering of the seam.
- Quilt back should be 4" larger than the quilt top in width & length.
- We don't accept bedding sheets as backing.